J&A Mitchell and Co Ltd (Group) is committed to advancing the Scottish Government’s Fair Work First policy. This policy, which balances the rights and responsibilities of employers and workers, provides an opportunity to generate benefits for employees, J&A Mitchell and Co Ltd and wider society.
Particular emphasis is placed upon the five dimensions of Fair Work as set out by the Fair Work Convention and how these are applied by J&A Mitchell and Co Ltd.
- Security – Providing security of employment, work and income;
- Respect – Respecting staff and recognising their standing and personal worth;
- Effective Voice – Providing a safe environment where workers’ views are sought out, listened to and can make a difference;
- Opportunity – Promoting access to work and opportunities for staff to progress within employment;
- Fulfilment – Developing/maintaining a fulfilling work environment